Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Sister Margaret!

My sister Margaret is an artist. She has been creating small masterpieces like the one on below for several years now. The works of art are mixed media collages. She uses paint, rubber stampings, decoupage, found objects and some other assemblage.
Created on stretched canvas, about 5x5 or 5x7, some of the items have 1 1/2 inch sides that are also stamped and collaged.
Margaret creates them for family and friends on birthdays and other special occasions and to demonstrate her love of "interesting" people and things. You can see more by clicking here. My sister Margaret is cool.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

These are so good! Really witty and quirky but full of affection, clever Margaret!

maggieliz said...

Well, thank you. I just saw this today and I have to say the my brother Maurie is cool, 'cause he writes a blog.................