Saturday, January 12, 2008

Week of New Beginnings

This has been a week of new beginnings, physically and spiritually. One Monday morning, with a fresh resolve in our steps, Anne and I went to the gym. The Lake House, which is the Sun City Carolina Lakes amenity center, has wonderful workout facilities. There are several treadmills, exercise equipment, free weights, an indoor track and an indoor swimming pool. Outside are another swimming pool, bocce courts and tennis courts. Since Monday, I have walked on a treadmill everyday. Anne has walked, gone to an aerobics class and joined a line-dancing club.

This has been a week of new beginnings.

Shortly after we joined Boyd Hill Baptist Church last month, Pastor Barber asked me to lead the Wednesday night Bible class. I accepted and on Wednesday, we began to study 1st Timothy. I look forward to learning as I teach.

This has been a week of new beginnings.

No comments: