Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where We Live - #4

I explore my surroundings, considering each junction, crossroad or fork in the road an opportunity. Down the blacktop is an old barn, covered with kudzu. Turning left, I find the road narrows and abruptly ends at the river. The state highway winds past a Baptist church with a faded sign and then a brickyard with mounds of red clay waiting to become the fa├žade of a McMansion in South Charlotte.

I never go home the way I came.

This is where we live.


Writers Island

5 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

This short post is very good. It speaks out...

keith hillman said...

A lovely piece. Well done.

tumblewords said...

I like the images your words bring to me!

Lucy said...

Your 'it's where we live' expresses something very important, I think.

I like the watercoloured shopfronts too.

Crafty Green Poet said...

excellent and thoughtful description