Thursday, April 24, 2008

Starting Again - Words for walking!

Going to the gym is becoming routine. I leave the house by 8:30 am, stop and buy a newspaper for later, and check in at the Lake House. My regimen is this. I walk a little over a mile on the treadmill and then move on to the weight machines. The final third of my workout is walking the indoor track.


While walking on the track, I was having trouble keeping count of my laps. I would finish a lap and think "was that 4 or 5?" Therefore, I decided that I needed a better way of measuring how far I had gone. Since 24 laps made a mile, I decided walk 26 and give each one a name using an alphabetical list of special words.The special words I chose are attributes or attitudes that need improvement in my life. At the start of each lap, I say the word to myself and then ponder it as I walk. As prompts for better motivation, I have decided to begin a series of postings highlighting each word. I’m not sure how often I will write, but my goal is to be finished by my sixty-fifth birthday on June 1.

No comments: