Friday, July 4, 2008

The Fourth of July




I'm excited this morning!



This is our first Fourth of July in Sun City Carolina Lakes. I'm looking forward to the Great Golf Cart Parade that will come down our street just a little after 10 this morning. I'm looking forward to the cookout we're going to this afternoon and I like seeing the flags waving from the garages of many homes. I am glad, as they say, that I'm an American.

However, this is a good day to pray for our country.

Pray for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and pray for those struggling to make ends meet.

But, also pray for those those who even after over 400 years still suffer from the cruelty of racism.

And remember what John Newton wrote:

"... grace has brought me (us) safe thus far, And grace will lead me (us) home."

Peace!

No comments: