Monday, July 7, 2008

You really ought to visit this site - #2

Stumbled across Audrey Peterson's blog Gotham City Soul the other day. Audry is the editor of the African-American history and culture magazine, American Legacy.

Audrey describes herself and her blog this way, "... a Jersey Girl who has made New York City her home. Being biracial has given me a certain perspective when it comes to race relations, being the editor of a black history and culture magazine has given me an education in American history, human history, that I don't think I could have gotten in graduate school. I want to share some of the things I've learned, and hope I learn some things in return."

Visit both the blog and the magazine. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Hi, Audrey here! Thanks for the kind, kind words. Wow! It's really special to meet folks who forged the way. Amazing the whole Loving case--that it happened in our lifetimes. I took a peek at your family Web site and am touched by the love that comes from it.

Our families are a wonderful part of the American story!