Friday, October 24, 2008

Senator Barack Obama!

I voted for Senator Barack Obama on Monday. I was able to vote early here in South Carolina because I am 65 years old.

I voted for Senator Obama because I believe that he has proven repeatedly that he is the best choice to lead this country for the next four years. His strong and steady behavior throughout this campaign, in direct contrast to Senator John McCain’s erratic (yes I said it) meandering, indicates to me that he is more than ready for the challenges that are in store. Even as the stock market falls again this morning, I feel that Senator Obama has an economic plan that will right this sinking ship. Senator McCain has offered me nothing but more of the same failed Bush policy.

I am tired of reading about young Americans dying and suffering injury in Iraq for the sake of W’s daddy’s hurt feelings and for Dick Chaney's friend's pocketbooks. Senator Obama will end the war in a studied and prompt way.

The mean spirit of the McCain/Palin campaign has provoked and stirred up the racist ranting of Rush Limbaugh and his followers so much as to make me sick.

As the New York Times says in its endorsement of Senator Obama today, “the nation’s problems are simply too grave to be reduced to slashing “robo-calls” and negative ads. This country needs sensible leadership, compassionate leadership, honest leadership and strong leadership. Barack Obama has shown that he has all of those qualities.”

I urge you to cast your vote for Senator Barack Obama to be the 44th president of these United Sates of America.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Bless you, Moe. Said with heartfelt passion and good sense.

I only wish I could follow your urging!

~Juanita~ said...

I will be voting for Barack Obama also. I'm a Democrat, but my father is a Republican and he and his wife are both voting Obama.

What's crazy is, John McCain really used to be one Republican candidate that I actually liked. I wasn't surprised when he won the Primary election. However, just as you said, he has been acting a bit erratic.