Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tonight, change has come to America! Praise the Lord!





What a wonderful night it is. I just listened to the next President of the United States of America. What a night of history, one I never thought that I would live to see. Earlier, as I watched John Lewis talk on MSNBC, as I watched Reverend Jesse Jackson stand crying in the crowd. unnoticed by those around him, as I remembered Dr. King -- I thought "Praise the Lord!" Tonight, I feel better about the future that awaits my granddaughters.

We need to pray for our President-elect.

That's all I can write tonight - more will come later.
This is the day that the Lord has made.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Yes, yes, yes!

I stumbled out of bed a couple of hours ago, and have never been happier to have done so.

I've never seen people made so beautiful. Transfigured. The Obamas, but also so many people as they looked at them.

You're right, now's not the time to be analysing and discoursing. Just a wonderful, blessed moment.

Pnut said...

Each time I think about what just happened I am speechless. It brings about a world of emotions and I am truly blessed that I was around to witness history.

I am inspired that our children can see a role model that looks like them and embrace that notion we've told them for so long, "you can be anything in this world you want to be!"