Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is the day that the Lord has made!

Good morning!

Today, Barack Obama becomes the President of the United States of America. Today is a day I never thought that I would see. This is truly a day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Anne and I are in Nashville, Tennessee, attending the Mid-winter Board meeting of the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. This morning's meeting will be suspended so that the delegates can watch the inauguration on a jumbo screen TV. It will be good to be with people who have prayed for this day, to join with them in shouting and clapping and cheering. Many early civil rights programs and events were planned for and implemented in National Baptist churches across the nation.

My prayer today is that God will continue to bless this country, its people and President Barack Obama in a mighty way.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Amen to that. I thought of you and yours when I watched.