Thursday, November 26, 2009

100 Strangers - Photograph # 004


As reported earlier, I was exploring Main Street in Lancaster a few days ago when I came upon a large yellow building with a red awning. Perhaps an old furniture store, it was mostly empty, but there were some drawings displayed in one window. As I was taking a photo of the drawings, Oscar Chastin popped out to see what I was doing. We talked a little and after he agreed to participate in my Strangers project, he told me he was getting the building ready to be transformed into an artisans center. His daughter, Christina, works for the Lancaster County Council of the Arts and has been instrumental in the development of the new center. She was working just around the corner and came over to explain more about her plans for the center. I plan on following the project closely and will post more about it as things move forward.

Below are the two photos I took before talking to Oscar.







Learn more about the 100 Strangers Project!

See all of the photographs at the Flickr Group!

No comments: