Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Window Views - #9



This old brick shell sits across the railroad tracks from a brickyard in Van Wyck, South Carolina. I wonder if the bricks are local. More light enters through the missing roof than the windows these days, but it was a handsome building in its time.

I purposely cropped this so that the arches over the front windows could be seen better.



Go to Window Views and Doors Too to see photographs of other doors and windows by bloggers from around the world.

Click here for more Van Wyck postings.

4 comments:

ilanadavita said...

Interesting angle for this building.

ewok1993 said...

Love brick buildings. Anyway, is it only the lighting that make the brick color seem more yellowish? I kinda like this shade too.

Happy Holidays.

Happily Retired Gal said...

I wonder if anyone will ever restore this one ... I do love brick structures.
Hugs and blessings,

moe lauher said...

@ilandavita - I was standing a little below the building, plus this is just the second floor.

@ewok1993 - it's partly because of the light and partly because I change the contrast with Photoshop so we could see the detail better

@HRG - hugs back