Friday, August 13, 2010

100 Strangers - Photograph #008

Darlene

It was hot in Waxhaw, North Carolina when I approached the man with the cool cap standing on E. North Main Street. He looked like a likely candidate for my 100 Strangers project. We talked and I explained the project to him, but he was on his way to band practice and was in a hurry. But he opened the door to the store we were in front of and told the lady at the counter that my name was Maurice and I wanted to take her picture. Then he left me there with Darlene.


Darlene is the proprietor of the Southport Gift Shop, a treasure trove of things you don't really need but would like to have anyway. She opened the shop a while back after moving to the area from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. She was glad to be my 8th Stranger.
Visit the Southport Gift Shop online.








Learn more about the 100 Strangers Project!

See all of the photographs at the Flickr Group!

No comments: