Sunday, August 15, 2010

100 Strangers - Photograph #009


Walking along E. South Main Street in Waxhaw, North Carolina, I stopped at the Library Association of Waxhaw's Reading Room and Used Book Store. The Association is dedicated to supporting the Waxhaw Public Library and the book store is one way it raises funds. I went inside and met Angela.

Angela works in the book store as a volunteer several times a week and was born and raised in Waxhaw. She sold me a book for one dollar and told me about her husband who recently returned from Iraq. She also told me to write that she is conservative, Christian, and Republican. As I took a couple of photographs she explained some of her many tattoos.

Angela is my 9th Stranger.


Learn more about the 100 Strangers Project!

See all of the photographs at the Flickr Group!

No comments: