Monday, August 30, 2010

That's My World #10 - The Mabry Mill

Just south of mile-marker 176 on the Blue Ridge Parkway stands the most photographed structure on the Parkway. Built in the early twentieth century by Ed Maybry, the Maybry Mill was first a gristmill and later powered several woodworking tools. Today, the mill is the center of several interpretive exhibits that demonstrate mountain life and industry.

The Maybry Mill and the Blue Ridge Parkway are part of my world today.





To see the worlds of others all over Planet Earth go to That's My World!

You are also invited to my new blog - Flatiron Sketches

8 comments:

Marites said...

it's pretty! I wonder how old it is..have a good week!

Sylvia K said...

What a lovely place! And your photos are terrific, Moe! I wonder how old the mill is, too! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

moe lauher said...

The mill was begun in 1905 and finished in 1910 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mabry_Mill

Carver said...

Great shots of the Marbry Mill. I love the blue ridge parkway. I have spent many a happy time driving on different parts of it.

J Bar said...

Terrific place.

SandyCarlson said...

Your world is very serene. I like it very much.

Luna Miranda said...

very picturesque. these photos are straight from the pages of a story book. what a beautiful place.

BraCom (Bram) said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful nature photos

Have a nice week,
Greetings, Bram

My Word Tuesday post

Seen on My World Tuesday