Monday, August 16, 2010

That's My World #8 - Waxhaw, North Carolina

Just a few miles east of Sun City Carolina Lakes and across the North Carolina border is the town of Waxhaw. The town was named after an Indian tribe that live in the area back in the early 18th century. Formerly a cotton manufacturing center, Waxhaw now is noted mostly for antiques and dining spots. A CSX railroad line runs straight through the center of town with two Main Streets running parallel to it. I took a walk up and down both North Main and South Main and this is some of what I saw.


The Bike Shop

The Broome Barber Shop

Mama Lena's Italian Restaurant

A Guitar Shop

Antiques on Main

 
Inside the antique shop

South Siders Restaurant

East bound CSX Tracks

The Used Book Store

The Kinck n' Stitch Broom Shop

Inside the broom shop

A Bead Shop

A Quilting Supply Shop (check the reflections - the window pane and a mirror)

The Furry Godmother - a pet supply shop


Waxhaw, North Carolina - That's My World

To see the worlds of others all over Planet Earth go to That's My World!



To read about some people who work in Waxhaw - read these recent postings:

100 Stangers - Photograph #008

100 Stangers - Photograph #009

100 Stangers - Photograph #010

5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fun looking place to visit! I love your photos, Moe! I do love old towns, they always have something special about them! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Rajesh said...

Fantastic location and the shots are beautiful.

J Bar said...

Thanks for the tour. Most interesting. Terrific shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

BraCom (Bram) said...

Nice tour, and photos, thanks you!

Have a nice week,
Greetings, Bram

My WordPress Blog

Seen om My World Tuesday

Julie said...

Waxhaw is a unique town to my eyes. I guess we in Australia have our own version of this type of 'homespun' township. I love all the varied storefronts but I especially like the display of millet brooms. Lovely photograph, Moe.