Tuesday, August 24, 2010

That's my World #9 - Carolina Bar-B-Q

Driving back home from Maryland on Interstate 77 the other day, my wife Anne and I felt the need for some nourishment. Just north of Statesville, North Carolina, we saw a billboard for the Carolina Bar-B-Q restaurant. So, in a few minutes and about a mile off exit 49 we turned into the parking lot. Inside, we found a comfortable atmosphere and some really good food.

Anne had what she said were "the meatiest ribs ever", potato salad, baked beans and sweet tea. I had chopped pork with sweet red sauce, potato salad, sliced tomatoes and a big Diet Pepsi. We both had some really nice hush-puppies too. For dessert we split an order of peach cobbler and ice cream.

The Carolina Bar-B-Q is now part of My World!

Here are some photographs I took. Check out that Carolina Blue sky.



You can read more about the Carolina Bar-B-Q over here.

To see the worlds of others all over Planet Earth go to That's My World!

3 comments:

Carver said...

Sounds good. I've never been there but I have been to a number of good barbecue places in NC.

George said...

It sounds as if you found some good eating here. I've been through Statesville a few times -- I'll have to check this out the next time I'm in the area.
Thanks for visiting my site.

Gaelyn said...

You make my mouth water.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.