Friday, October 8, 2010

Confessions #001

In the October 11 issue of the New Yorker, James Surowiecki writes a interesting book review of a collection of essays entitled. Procrastination; “The Thief of Time” (Oxford) edited by Chrisoula Andreou, Mark D. White, George Ainslie,and George Akerlof. In his lengthy review Surowiecki provides us with an excellent summary, highlighting the many theories about the origins or causes of procrastination. I learned much from the review and know that I would learn even more if I read the book. However, just as Surowieki confesses about difficulties in finishing the review, I'm not sure ever I would ever be able finish the book. I must confess that it took two days for me to completely read the review.

Click on this link when you get around to it. What we can learn from procrastination: newyorker.com

1 comment:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Just now catching up on your blog. That Carolina Artisan's Center looks fabulous. Another great center is the one in West Virginia, just off of I-77, Tamarack.