Friday, November 12, 2010

100 Strangers - Photograph # 027


On our way to Myrtle Beach the other day, we stopped at the McLeod Farms roadside market on Highway 151 in McBee South Carolina. McLeod Farms operates one of the largest peach orchards in South Carolina and sell a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, peanuts and all kinds of preserves. Next to the market is Mac's Pride Antique Museum. This free museum includes dozens of cars and tractors from each decade since the early 20th century. There are also all sorts of antique household and commercial items. While looking around, I met Bobby who was born and raised in McBee and is the caretaker for the museum. He gave me a history lesson about McLeod Farms and after I explained my 100 Strangers Project to him, he became my 27th stranger.



Learn more about the 100 Strangers Project!

See all of the photographs at the Flickr Group!

1 comment:

SandyCarlson said...

Awesome photo. What a great place to visit.

Your prompt, echo, comes up at One Single Impression tomorrow. Do you have a poem for us? Please send it and I'll post it and link to your site.