Sunday, January 6, 2013

For Magpie Tales - 03

Photo by Daniel Murtagh

Encounter
Trudging to work on the cold winter morning he once again passed the bakery at 150 Bloom Place. He stole a glance and there she was, peering through the door of her father’s shop.  Pretending not to see her, his heart quicken as did his pace. Perhaps tomorrow I will wave, he thought.

cold morning’s vision
gives birth to anticipatory thoughts,
hope for tomorrow. 


Tess Kincaid provided this photo prompt over at Magpie Tales

16 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

A most lovely encounter...hope is a thing with feathers...

Helen said...

I am guessing she will welcome his wave ....

Charleen said...

I like how you followed your anecdote with a few succinct lines of poetry.

Catfish Tales said...

And she lingers there for him so provocatively to catch that steamy morning glimpse. :)

Laurie Kolp said...

It would be such a sweet treat!

Rene Foran said...

A sweet little confection
a thing of perfection

Gail said...

Ah, a sweet treat.

Kathe W. said...

hope for tomorrow indeed!
and please consider losing the verification process-sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 tries and I am not a robot! ~:-)
now tring for the third time

hyperCRYPTICal said...

I hope he does wave tomorrow. Lovely write.

Anna :o]

Rinkly Rimes said...

She knows you're there. That's half the battle.

Karen S. said...

I do believe, she requires more than just a passing glance, or wave, but perhaps something so much more!

Emma Major said...

I hope he does

Susie Clevenger said...

What an encounter. I hope he does..

Carrie Burtt said...

We can always hope for the best....love this Moe! :-)

J Cosmo Newbery said...

I shouldn't, I know I shouldn't, but I am thinking of tarts...

(Which in fairness is derived from 'sweetheart'!)

Kelvin S.M. said...

..i like the unending promise in your writing...it speaks to me so deeply like those unfathomable eyes of the woman in door...smiles...