Thursday, February 7, 2013

Photo a Day Challenge - February 7 "your name"



This is the title page of the copy of Huckleberry Finn given to me by my mother on my 9th birthday. Growing up in small town Central Illinois during the middle of the twentieth century, my five siblings and I were given books on a regular basis. Whether Christmas, birthdays and sometimes even Easter, in addition to whatever toys or clothing we received, there was always a book. This, along with living across the street from the town library, helped to instill an inquisitive nature in the six of us that still exists today. If there is something to read close by -- an old magazine or newspaper, a lost book, a map or maybe just a discarded brochure -- if there are printed words on it, we will pick it up.

No comments: